Ingredients for 12 brownies:
- 1.5 can cannelini beans
- 1/2 cup organic cacao
- 3 free range eggs
- 4 tablespoons Stevia or you can use honey.
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- coffee beans to taste – perhaps just sprinkle these on top or use ground coffee. See note below in steps.
- 1 cup organic cacao nibs or dark chocolate chips (dark chocolate would make a more decadent snack)
- Set oven to 180 degrees.
- Mash beans or blend them.
- Mix in all of the ingredients except for coffee and cacao nibs – blend or mix.
- Mix in some of the coffee beans and nibs. (Note: I probably won’t use coffee beans again. They don’t create the best texture. Instead I would halve the amount of nibs and coffee I use and add dark chocolate chips.)
- Spray a baking dish with nonstick cooking spray and pour in the batter.
- Add mixture to baking dish and sprinkle with nibs, beans, or chocolate chips.
- Bake in the oven for around 25-20 minutes and use a knife to test if it’s cooked. If the knife comes out dry, it’s cooked.
- Allow the brownies to cool to at least room temperature before initially cutting them.
Approximate macros for 1 of 12 brownies:
203 calories, 7g protein, 24g carbs, 12g fat, 6g fiber, 8g sugar